Translate

Monday 6 May 2013

me made may

1Photo: Pattern making
Photo by Bob Zuur
MAY 1ST Me made, but more like me-recycled
 The first day of May was the Chalkle launch. What does an old pattern maker wear to promote herself? I heard once that navy, red and white are good colours to wear to give an air of professionalism and  success. So, out came my old navy wool pencil skirt, originally purchased way back in 1996(!!!!) which I shortened a few years ago. In 1996 it was mid calf, and had a tight waistband, and so I had removed the waistband a while ago too.


Added to the ensemble was a felted wool jacket, also purchased a few years ago,not quite as old but it was a shapeless red block, so I have re-cut it to give it some shape. The white shirt is an opshop find, (old!)and I couldn't resist my red boots, called "kinky boots" at the last place I worked! I also had  made a wee bag to put my phone in, a few years ago I made a range of zippy bags and realised it would be good to have a small one for a phone.

Although I had my pattern stuff there, we are supposed to be starting with me teaching a Pinterest class. I thought I'd show people (who still haven't discovered Pinterest yet) how to navigate the site, and then make or do something from the things they discover, and bring it in the next week. Kind of multi craft/cooking/something else kind of class. However there's been a lot of intereest in the Pattern making class, which is good.

MAY 2ND

We had to get a load of worms ready for a home show , so the 2nd was a mucky clothes day. Jeans, and a red merino wool top (me-made) No picture!
MAY3RD

The home show in Wellington. Jill and I have a great uniform which we devised when we started up our worm business. We love green and black, our labels are a wonderful green, and the black looks amazing with it! I made all the shirts.
This is what we were wearing, but I didn't get a photo of both of us at the show, so this is a photo of us both with Jill's grandson, Patrick, at a show last year
and here's Jill showing the people at the show how to set up a worm farm. See how great the green looks? The "We've got Worms!" sign is me-made too.


MAY 4TH
Whew! Saturday! Horse riding!
I had arranged a ride with Tanya, a lady who works at the same place as my husband. She is yearning for a ride on the beach, so she first had to show us that she could ride OK. So today the dress was, Jodhpurs (me-made !) t shirt (not me-made). It was supposed to be dreadful weather , but it was fabulous. We had a nice ride up the hill, but I didn't take the camera. And in the afternoon, I hit the garden and didn't bother to change, hell I was dirty already, why muck up more clothes?

MAY 5TH
Sunday
A flop around the house morning, and in the afternoon I went to see my daughter Juliet. I wore an Ombre Broderie Anglais shirt (me-dyed) and jeans. I love the way the fabric dyed, and the anglaise thread didn't. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show up the ombre very well. It was my first attempt at ombre dying.




MAY 6TH
MONDAY
. Ugh. the weather was a bit changeable, but not as bad as other places where the rain came pounding down and trees fell, and there was flooding. I had to do some cutting at the factory. Jeans and a  green merino/nylon top I made about 6 months ago for Levana. Luckily I got to keep the sample! but then the wind came up,  and it was so cold, I ended up wearing a polar fleece Swazi sample I found under the cutting table. Very toasty and , well,... UGLY!I still find it amazing that the same chemical that makes a coke bottle, can produce a lovely soft and warm fabric. Sorry all you fabric purists out there...


No comments:

Post a Comment